Welcome! The Release of Information (ROI) Office is committed to the timely and appropriate access to information. A valid authorization is required for medical records request. The ROI Office provides guidance and support to the WCM community on health information request, access, and disclosures.
Your medical records are strictly confidential. Under Federal and New York State law, patients have a right to access their medical records. The Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) restricts practices from releasing any information without your written permission. Patients also have the right to receive a copy of their medical record in an electronic version and may also request that we provide their medical records to be sent directly to the person or entity designated on their authorization.
Patients will be provided with a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of their request. They may be charged a reasonable, cost-based fee.
To receive copies of your Weill Cornell Medicine medical records please complete an online Release of Information (ROI) Authorization form, which will be sent directly to our Release of Information vendor, Versima.
- Request Online: I am the Patient/Patient Representative
- Request Online: I am an Attorney
- Request by Weill Cornell Connect (Patient Portal)
- Request by Fax (646) 962-0635 by submitting the appropriate records release form English, Spanish or Chinese
- Request by Email: Complete the appropriate records release form English, Spanish or Chinese and email to MedicalRecords@med.cornell.edu.
- Request by Mail to:
575 Lexington Ave., 9th Floor
New York, NY 10022